Tuesday, March 1, 2016

I Don't Know Whether to Laugh (Wait, Yes I Do)

So, I'm running errands this afternoon when I happen across a news report that contained an audio clip of current Speaker of the House Paul Ryan making comments on the recent KKK related kerfuffle involving Donald Trump.

The full story can be read here, but the part that nearly made me spit out my drink was this:

"This party does not prey on people's prejudices. We appeal to their highest ideals. This is the party of Lincoln. We believe all people are created equal in the eyes of God and our government," Ryan added. "This is fundamental, and if someone wants to be our nominee, they have to understand this.

Just let me know when you want me to stop because:

There are these classics

And this one

And I assume we were all alive in 2008.

Or this one, you "thug".

I mean, I could go on. But fortunately, I don't have to because, these fine folks do the work for me.

Seriously, who, other than whites without college degrees, do they think they're fooling with this?